Jerky Home Style
1 lbround steak, cut in strips, 4x1/8 inch thick (any meat sliced as thin as possible)
1/4 csoy sauce
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
2 tsponion powder
2 tspgarlic powder
2 tspblack pepper
4 tsphot sauce
2 tsphickory salt
1 bottleliquid smoke
How to Make Jerky Home Style
- Slice round steak, cut in strips about 4 inches long and 1/8 inches thick.
- (The slicing is easier if the steak is partially frozen.)
- Combine all the ingredients and marinate in the fridge for at least 8 hours, mixing occasionally.
- Then skewer the marinated strips on bamboo skewers or toothpicks and hang the strips in the oven with a pan below to catch the drippings.
- Set the oven on it's lowest setting (l00-150) and use something to keep the door ajar.
- The jerky should be dry after 8-10 hours.
- You might want to try low salt soy if you prefer a less salty flavor.