Jamie's Chorizo Sausage Poppers
They have just a little bite to be so good and dip in sour cream or serve with a bowl of salsa.
I was experimenting for our annual Halloween party but do think they can be used most anytime.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Um, yum! These little appetizers are a self-contained ball of delight! A terrific dish for passing at any party... The Test Kitchen
- 4 oz box of button mushrooms
- 15 oz package of ole mexican foods chorizo sausage
- medium size jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz pack of cream cheese room temp
- pinch of salt
- packs of crescent rolls
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Jamie's Chorizo Sausage Poppers
- 1Clean and finely chop button mushrooms.
- 2Drizzle some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 3Saute the mushrooms and set aside in a bowl.
- 4Open the chorizo sausage and remove from the casing.
- 5Place in a skillet over medium heat and cook about 7 minutes.
- 6Chop and dice fine the jalapeno peppers.
- 7In a mixing bowl place the cream cheese.
- 8Add in the mushrooms and peppers.
- 9When sausage is ready, drain off the grease and add to the mixture and begin to mix by hand.
- 10I used my mini muffin pan, pinched off crescent roll and flattened place in pan and added a spoonful of mixture, then pinched closed. It is ok that it comes out some.
- 11Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 7 to 8 min. being careful not to burn.
- 12Remove from muffin tin as soon as they come out and place on a dish. Serve with sour cream or salsa. Maybe both.