Jamie's Chorizo Sausage Poppers
They have just a little bite to be so good and dip in sour cream or serve with a bowl of salsa.
I was experimenting for our annual Halloween party but do think they can be used most anytime.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Um, yum! These little appetizers are a self-contained ball of delight! A terrific dish for passing at any party... The Test Kitchen
1 boxbutton mushrooms (4 oz)
1 pkgOle Mexican Foods Chorizo sausage (15 oz)
2jalapeno peppers (medium-size)
1 pkgcream cheese, room temp (8 oz)
2 can(s)crescent rolls
·olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Jamie's Chorizo Sausage Poppers
- Clean and finely chop button mushrooms.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the mushrooms and set aside in a bowl.
- Open the chorizo sausage and remove from the casing.
- Place in a skillet over medium heat and cook about 7 minutes.
- Chop and dice fine the jalapeno peppers.
- In a mixing bowl place the cream cheese.
- Add in the mushrooms and peppers.
- When sausage is ready, drain off the grease and add to the mixture and begin to mix by hand.
- I used my mini muffin pan, pinched off crescent roll and flattened place in pan and added a spoonful of mixture, then pinched closed. It is ok that it comes out some.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 7 to 8 min. being careful not to burn.
- Remove from muffin tin as soon as they come out and place on a dish. Serve with sour cream or salsa. Maybe both.