Jamie's Chorizo Sausage Poppers
They have just a little bite to be so good and dip in sour cream or serve with a bowl of salsa.
I was experimenting for our annual Halloween party but do think they can be used most anytime.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Um, yum! These little appetizers are a self-contained ball of delight! A terrific dish for passing at any party... The Test Kitchen
14 oz box of button mushrooms
115 oz package of ole mexican foods chorizo sausage
2medium size jalapeno peppers
18 oz pack of cream cheese room temp
·pinch of salt
2packs of crescent rolls
·olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Jamie's Chorizo Sausage Poppers
- Clean and finely chop button mushrooms.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the mushrooms and set aside in a bowl.
- Open the chorizo sausage and remove from the casing.
- Place in a skillet over medium heat and cook about 7 minutes.
- Chop and dice fine the jalapeno peppers.
- In a mixing bowl place the cream cheese.
- Add in the mushrooms and peppers.
- When sausage is ready, drain off the grease and add to the mixture and begin to mix by hand.
- I used my mini muffin pan, pinched off crescent roll and flattened place in pan and added a spoonful of mixture, then pinched closed. It is ok that it comes out some.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 7 to 8 min. being careful not to burn.
- Remove from muffin tin as soon as they come out and place on a dish. Serve with sour cream or salsa. Maybe both.