Jalapenos Stuffed With Sausage
Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
How to Make Jalapenos Stuffed With Sausage
- 1Start by softening the cream cheese. Just take it out of the refrigerator, open the wrapping, and let it sit on the counter while you cook the sausage. It will soften on its own!
- 2I chose HOT Italian sausage to make this recipe. It ended up with quite a kick! Choosing sweet Italian sausage or pork sausage would definitely have decreased the amount of heat. Buy whatever sausage you prefer, depending on YOUR taste or that of the people invited to your party.
With a sharp knife, slice through the casing of the sausage.
- 3Add the softened cream cheese and the grated Parmesan cheese. This needs to get totally mixed together.
Wash the jalapenos and cut them in half with a sharp knife. Remove the seeds and membrane with a knife.
- 4Fill each jalapeño half with about 1 to 1 ½ Tablespoons of filling.Some of the filled peppers may tip over in the oven. To prevent this, you can “snuggle” or “nestle” them together on the baking sheet. (Be sure to use a baking sheet with sides!)
- 5Bake them in a pre-heated 425 degrees F oven for 20 minutes.
ENJOY THE GAME!