Honey Garlic Chicken
1 cvegetable oil
1 call-purpose flour
1 tspdried thyme
1 Tbspdried oregano
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2large eggs, beaten
1/2 choney, or more, to taste
4cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbspsoy sauce
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic and soy sauce. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ¼ cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- nto the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- chicken in flour mixture, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour mixture again, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 2 or 3 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with honey garlic sauce.