Homemade Beef Jerky
2 lbbeef round tip roast or flank steak, cut 1/8 inch thick and about 1 1/2 inch wide
1/2 csoy sauce, dark
1/2 cworcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tbspseasalt
1/2 cwarm water
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1 tspblack pepper
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspmeat tenderizer
1 tsponion powder
How to Make Homemade Beef Jerky
- Add all ingredients to a good sized bowl with a lid, except for the meat. Mix well-
- Slice and add the meat to the marinade. When slicing, it is easier to cut thin pieces if the meat is slightly frozen.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 to 12 hours or overnight.
- Let meat drain on paper towels while you prepare your oven. Raise one rack to the highest position and one to the lowest position. Place foil over the lower rack to catch drippings..Heat oven to 130 degrees.
- Run a toothpick through the top center of each piece of meat and hang them through the rack with the toothpick catching on each side. Crack oven and let the meat cook for 8 or 9 hours. After cooking, turn off the oven, open oven and let air dry for another 8 hours.
- Package in zip lock bags. I keep mine in the refrigerator, although you don't have to.