Hawaiian 'Barbecued' Ribs
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 csoy sauce
1/4 cdry sherry
1 clovegarlic, smashed
·fresh ginger, peeled, 1-inch cube, smashed
3 lbbaby back pork ribs (3 racks, do not cut apart)
How to Make Hawaiian 'Barbecued' Ribs
- Stir together sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, sherry, and salt in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour marinade into a roasting pan, then add garlic, ginger, and ribs, turning ribs to coat with marinade. Marinate, covered and chilled, turning occasionally, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil, then arrange ribs, rounded sides up, on broiler rack, reserving marinade for basting (discard garlic and ginger).
- Roast in middle of oven, basting with marinade every 20 minutes (do not baste during last 10 minutes of cooking), until ribs are tender and glaze is well browned, about 1 3/4 hours. Discard any unused marinade.
- Let racks stand 5 minutes, then cut into individual ribs.