HAM & CHEESE DELIGHTS
1 pkg12 count hawaiian dinner rolls
1 lbor more of thin sliced sandwwich ham
10 sliceswiss cheese, aged if you have it
1 stickbutter, unsalted - melted & set aside
1 Tbspfine grated onion
2 tspworcestershire sauce
2 Tbsppoppy seeds, mixed in with butter/ mustard sauce
3 ozcream cheese, room temperature,
How to Make HAM & CHEESE DELIGHTS
- Separate rolls (top from bottom), place bottoms in a baking pan big enough to hold without crowding but fit firm. Set tops aside in single file.
PREHEAT OVEN @ 350 F.
- Grate onion. Add to melted butter, mustard, worchestershire sauce, poppy seed, and cream cheese. Mix well.
- Brush bottoms of rolls with butter/mustard mixture.
Place 1 slice of swiss cheese on top of the bottom section of rolls over the butter/mustard mixture ( I fold it and make it 2 slices). Top swiss cheese with 1-2 thin slices of sandwich ham ( I use 2 slices of thin ham folded to fit roll size). Place top of the rolls over top of ham slices.
- Generously brush tops of rolls with butter/mustard mixture. The cream cheese may not be melted, you can wisk it some or just brush with pastry bush after it is on top of rolls. It's ok if a little is left over but cover well.
- Cover rolls with foil and bake in preheated, 350 oven 12-15 minutes. Remove foil, place back in oven and continue to bake about 8 minutes, until rolls are brown enough to be crunchy. The poppy seeds in the mustard sauce will be crunchy too. The rolls will brown a deep brown color which is good, do not burn.
Remove from oven, cool a few minutes (5 minutes giving the melted cheese time to settle down). Serve whole or cut into halves, I serve whole.