Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Poppers
- 2 lb
- boneless pork loin cut in 32 thin slices
- 2 tsp
- creole seasoning
- 1 tsp
- granulated garlic
- 1 lb
- smoked gouda cut into 32 rectangular cubes approximately ¼ inch by 2 inches
- 32 slice
- 2 1/2 c
- hickory smoked bbq sauce
How to Make Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Poppers
- 1Slice the pork loin into 32 thin slices. Season both sides of slices with Creole Seasoning and granulated. Place the pork slices between two sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/8 inch thick.
- 2Slice down one side of each jalapeno pepper; remove the stem and seeds. Insert the cheese cubes in each pepper. Wrap the thin pork loin cutlets around the cheese stuffed pepper and surround the wrapped poppers with bacon. Secure in place with a toothpick.
- 3Place the Bacon Wrapped Pork Poppers in a food safe plastic bag and add 2 cups BBQ sauce. Close the bag; refrigerate until ready to grill.
- 4Remove the pork poppers from the refrigerator and prepare a charcoal BBQ grill to medium heat. (The pork poppers may be grilled stovetop.) Place the Bacon Wrapped Pork Poppers over the heat and grill until the bacon begins to crisp and the pork is cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes per side, about 8 – 10 minutes total.
- 5Transfer the Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Poppers to a serving dish, remove the toothpicks, and serve with additional BBQ sauce.