1 lbgator tail ( cut in 1 inch pieces )
·buttermilk for soaking
1 cpancake mix
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cwhite cornmeal flour
1 cof yellow mustard
·any kind of seasonling like creole or similar
·oil for frying
How to Make Gator Bites
- After you cut the tail meat into bite size pieces soak them in buttermilk for 2 hrs or more.
- Drain meat and then add to a bowl. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. Cajun or creole.
- Add yellow mustard and toss to coat each piece of meat.
- In another bowl or bag ( i used a paper bag ) dump in your flours. shake to combine.
- Then add about 8- 10 pieces of meat to the bag at a time and shake to coat them with flour.
- Add the pieces to oil that has been heated to 375 and cook for 6 mins turning them at 3 mins. Do these in batches. I used a cast iron pan. Serve with your favorite honey mustard dressing. You could also do this with chicken to make nuggets if you cant find gator or do not like gator meat.