How to Make Gator Bites
- 1After you cut the tail meat into bite size pieces soak them in buttermilk for 2 hrs or more.
- 2Drain meat and then add to a bowl. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. Cajun or creole.
- 3Add yellow mustard and toss to coat each piece of meat.
- 4In another bowl or bag ( i used a paper bag ) dump in your flours. shake to combine.
- 5Then add about 8- 10 pieces of meat to the bag at a time and shake to coat them with flour.
- 6Add the pieces to oil that has been heated to 375 and cook for 6 mins turning them at 3 mins. Do these in batches. I used a cast iron pan. Serve with your favorite honey mustard dressing. You could also do this with chicken to make nuggets if you cant find gator or do not like gator meat.