This could be tedious to make, but any thing that needed to be minced went into the mini chopper one ingredient at a time and then into the bowl
1/2 lbground lean pork
4 ozshrimp, minced
1/4 cwater chestnuts, minced
8green onions, minced
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 tsprice wine vinegar
2 tspsherry wine
1 pkgwonton wrappers
·canola oil for frying
How to Make Fried Wontons
- Combine prok, shrimp, water chestnuts, onions, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sherry wine in a large bowl. Let sit for 1/2 an hour.
- Working one at a time, place 1 teaspoon filling on wonton wrapper, off center. I point a corner up and just put it a little more to the top then in the middle.
Wet 2 edges (that meet at a corner) with egg, and fold the wonton wrapper over, to create a triangle instead of a square. Press the 'glued" edges with a fork.
- Repeat until you run out of fillings or wonton, which ever comes first. Make sure not to have the wontons touching once assembled, or they will stick.
- Preheat oil on a deep pot over medium high heat. I used a small pot and about 1/2 a bottle of oil, and cooked 4 at a time.
- Once oil is hot, place how ever many will comfortably fit in pan, and cook until golden brown and crispy. I think I cooked them for 2-3 minutes, but watch carefully. :)