French Bread Pizzas with Mozzarella and Pepperoni
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
When I try this, I'll probably add some other goodies like mushrooms and peppers.
This can also be cut into small slices to serve as appetizers.
From Epicurious, August 2015.
- 1 large
- soft loaf french or italian bread, split in half lengthwise
- garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 c
- prepared tomato sauce
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese, grated (about 4 ounces)
- 3 oz
- pepperoni, sliced
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes, crushed, optional
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh basil, coarsely chopped
How to Make French Bread Pizzas with Mozzarella and Pepperoni
- 1Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 425°F. Place bread, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven and rub cut sides with garlic.
- 2Spread tomato sauce on cut sides of bread. Top with mozzarella, pepperoni, and red-pepper flakes, if using.
- 3Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Top with basil.