Fois Gras Poutine
- 7 oz
- fresh fois gras
- egg yolks
- 2 1/2 c
- poutine sauce
- 1/4 c
- 35% cream
- 14 oz
- fresh fois gras, cut into four 1 inch slices
- 14 oz
- cheese curds
- white-fleshed potatoes, cut into french fries
- oil, for frying
FOR THE POUTINE:
FOR THE FOIS GRAS AND PRESENTATION:
How to Make Fois Gras Poutine
- 1For the Foie Gras Sauce:
- 2Set aside ½ cup of sauce for final presentation of the poutine. In a saucepan, bring the remaining poutine sauce to a boil.
- 3Mix the egg yolks, foie gras and cream in a food processor at high speed. Then, slowly add the 500 ml (2 cups) of hot poutine sauce to the mixture.
- 4Pour into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring constantly, until the sauce reaches 175°F (80°C). Remove the sauce from the heat. Stir for 30 seconds more. Keep warm.
- 5For the Foie Gras and Presentation:
- 6Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- 7In a very hot pan, sear the foie gras slices until they are golden brown. Transfer the slices to a baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Cook the fries in the oil until crisp and place them on top of a mound of cheese curds in the middle of the plate.
- 9Place a slice of seared foie gras on the fries and smother in the foie gras sauce. Decorate with a few dabs of regular poutine sauce and serve immediately.