Crowd-pleasing Pizza Meatballs
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 2 c
- italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- dried minced onion
- 2 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp
- 8 oz
- mozzarella cheese (a block of it)
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- cooking oil
- 2 jar(s)
- pizza sauce (28 oz. each)
How to Make Crowd-pleasing Pizza Meatballs
- 1In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients just until mixed. Shape into 48 small meatballs. Cut mozzarella into 48 cubes, 1/2 inch each.
- 2Push a cube into the center of each meatball, covering the cheese completely with meat.
- 3Roll lightly in flour. In a large skillet, cook the meatballs in oil until browned; drain.
- 4Add pizza sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.