Creamy Sausage Dip on Melba Toast
1 lbmild italian sausage
1/4 cchopped green onions
1 csour cream
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 tspgarlic powder
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 pkgtoast squares (melba or rye works well)
How to Make Creamy Sausage Dip on Melba Toast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage until no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain off drippings. Add green onions, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Top toast squares with about 1 heaping tablespoon of the sausage mix. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly. Garnish with additional sliced green onions if desired.
- NOTE: To make this ahead of time, top toast squares as directed then place in the freezer. When ready to bake, remove the squares from the freezer and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the topping has browned slightly and becomes bubbly.
- VARIATION: Use Phyllo cups instead of toast squares. Fill cups and bake as directed; garnish with a sprinkling of sliced green onions on top.