Creamy Sausage Dip on Melba Toast
- 1 lb
- mild italian sausage
- 1/4 c
- chopped green onions
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 pkg
- toast squares (melba or rye works well)
How to Make Creamy Sausage Dip on Melba Toast
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage until no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain off drippings. Add green onions, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, and garlic powder; mix well.
- 3Top toast squares with about 1 heaping tablespoon of the sausage mix. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly. Garnish with additional sliced green onions if desired.
- 4NOTE: To make this ahead of time, top toast squares as directed then place in the freezer. When ready to bake, remove the squares from the freezer and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the topping has browned slightly and becomes bubbly.
- 5VARIATION: Use Phyllo cups instead of toast squares. Fill cups and bake as directed; garnish with a sprinkling of sliced green onions on top.