Cranberry-Glazed Appetizer Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 c
- plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- eggs, slighty beaten
- 1 bottle
- (12 oz.) chili sauce (1 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 can(s)
- (16-oz. size) jellied cranberry sauce (1 cup)
- fresh cranberries, if desired
GARNISH IF DESIRED:
How to Make Cranberry-Glazed Appetizer Meatballs
- 1Heat oven to 375df. In large bowl, stir meatball ingredients until well mixed. Shape into 1 inch balls, place in ungreased 15x10x1" pan.
- 2Bake 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- 3Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, stir sauce ingredients until well blended. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add meatballs to sauce, stir to coat. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until thoroughly heated. Thread cranberries on toothpicks, stick toothpicks in meatballs to serve.
- 5Makes 30 servings ( 2 meatballs each)
Prepare and bake the meatballs up to 24 hours before your party. Cover and refrigerate them. Just before serving, prepare the sauce and heat the meatballs in it.