Cranberry-Glazed Appetizer Meatballs
1 1/2 lblean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/2 cfinely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
1/2 cplain bread crumbs
2eggs, slighty beaten
1 bottle(12 oz.) chili sauce (1 1/2 cup)
1/2 can(s)(16-oz. size) jellied cranberry sauce (1 cup)
GARNISH IF DESIRED:
60fresh cranberries, if desired
How to Make Cranberry-Glazed Appetizer Meatballs
- Heat oven to 375df. In large bowl, stir meatball ingredients until well mixed. Shape into 1 inch balls, place in ungreased 15x10x1" pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, stir sauce ingredients until well blended. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to sauce, stir to coat. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until thoroughly heated. Thread cranberries on toothpicks, stick toothpicks in meatballs to serve.
- Makes 30 servings ( 2 meatballs each)
Prepare and bake the meatballs up to 24 hours before your party. Cover and refrigerate them. Just before serving, prepare the sauce and heat the meatballs in it.