Cranberry Dove Pies
6-10dove breasts removed from the bone (chicken or turkey can be substituted for dove.)
1 1/2 Tbspbutter or olive oil
1 tspdijon mustard
1 can(s)whole berry cranberry sauce
1 can(s)pillsbury crescent rolls
1 mediumegg, whisked
How to Make Cranberry Dove Pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll and separate crescent rolls.
- Sautee chopped dove breasts in butter or olive oil until just cooked through.
- While breasts are cooking, in a medium bowl, mix together the dijon mustard and whole berry cranberry sauce.
- Mix breast meat and cranberry sauce-mustard mixture, then spoon onto crescent rolls.
- Roll crescents and seal edges.
- Brush with egg and bake until golden.
- Serve with salad and fresh vegetables.