"Complete Pass" Chicken Pizza Snacks
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- (2 foot long) loaf french bread
- 3 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 - 1 1/4 lb
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 large
- onions, vidalia, peeled and sliced in thin rings
- 2 small
- granny smith apples. cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
- 8 oz
- brie cheese, diced
- 3 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 c
- sliced almonds
How to Make "Complete Pass" Chicken Pizza Snacks
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Split bread lengthwise; cut in half across, making 4 bread pieces for pizzas. Use about 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to lightly brush the cut surface and crusts of all the bread pieces. Sprinkle each bread crust with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese; place bread pieces on parchment paper, cut side up.
- 3Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic. Sauté until chicken is slightly browned and almost completely cooked through. Remove chicken from pan using a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined dish.
- 4To same skillet on stove, add onions. Sauté until onions begin to soften and just start to brown. Add apples and cranberries. Continue to sauté mixture until onions are caramelized and apples are tender. Remove from heat.
- 5Arrange chicken and brie pieces on bread pieces on pan, pressing pieces down slightly into the bread. Top each with caramelized onion, apple and cranberry mixture. Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese, mounding cheese to fit on bread. Sprinkle sliced almonds over cheese.
- 6Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let pizzas set for 2 minutes before cutting each piece crosswise into 4 slices.
- 7To serve, make a “complete pass” to each “eligible receiver” in your group
and get ready to add up the “extra points” for a winning snack!