"Complete Pass" Chicken Pizza Snacks
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1(2 foot long) loaf french bread
3 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil, divided use
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 - 1 1/4 lbchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1/4 tspfreshly ground pepper
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 largeonions, vidalia, peeled and sliced in thin rings
2 smallgranny smith apples. cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cdried cranberries
8 ozbrie cheese, diced
3 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 csliced almonds
How to Make "Complete Pass" Chicken Pizza Snacks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Split bread lengthwise; cut in half across, making 4 bread pieces for pizzas. Use about 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to lightly brush the cut surface and crusts of all the bread pieces. Sprinkle each bread crust with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese; place bread pieces on parchment paper, cut side up.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic. Sauté until chicken is slightly browned and almost completely cooked through. Remove chicken from pan using a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined dish.
- To same skillet on stove, add onions. Sauté until onions begin to soften and just start to brown. Add apples and cranberries. Continue to sauté mixture until onions are caramelized and apples are tender. Remove from heat.
- Arrange chicken and brie pieces on bread pieces on pan, pressing pieces down slightly into the bread. Top each with caramelized onion, apple and cranberry mixture. Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese, mounding cheese to fit on bread. Sprinkle sliced almonds over cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let pizzas set for 2 minutes before cutting each piece crosswise into 4 slices.
- To serve, make a “complete pass” to each “eligible receiver” in your group
and get ready to add up the “extra points” for a winning snack!