Chicken-Turkey Puff Pastry Appetizers
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbground dark chicken
1 1/2 lbground dark turkey
2baking potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
2 largeonions, finely diced and sauteed
2 tspkosher salt
2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tspblack pepper, freshly ground
TIPS: PREP-COOKING TIME VARIES -INCLUDES TIME FOR COOKING POTATES AND SAUTEING. YOU CAN USE ONLY TURKEY OR ONLY CHICKEN BUT THE COMBINATION IS DELICIOUS! THE SIZE OF THE POTATOES DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU LIKED THEM. DON'T SKIP SAUTEING THE ONIONS!
How to Make Chicken-Turkey Puff Pastry Appetizers
- In large bowl, mix together ground meats, mashed potatoes, sautéed onions, eggs, and spices. Form into 30 to 35 small patties.
- Preheat a fry pan over high heat for 5 minutes.
- In batches, place patties in pan or grill. cook, turning once, for about 4 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- You can the burgers as is. But, to make filling for the puff pastry appetizers, mash the burgers well and you have your filling!
- Place enough of the filling into each of 18 to 20 puff pastry squares to easily fold over to form triangles. Seal with a little water using your fingers. Can also mash with a form around the edges.
- Place on parchment line pan of cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until pastry in golden. The filling is already cooked so only watch the pastry carefully.