Chicken Ham Pinwheels
Anna Mae Kantor
It sure has been tried and true many, many times for our family get togethers.
It is very different, not really hard to make and the questions come flying at you. What is this? It looks like it's bread with meat rolled up in it? How did you make it? OOhhhh! It's so good !! Can I have the recipe?
Hope you enjoy it as we have over the years !!
2whole boneless chicken breasts (all fat and skin removed)
1/8 tspdried basil leaves, crushed
1/8 tspgarlic powder
6 slicesliced cooked ham (on the thin side)
2 tsplemon juice
·sprinkle of paprika
·sprinkle of additional garlic powder
How to Make Chicken Ham Pinwheels
- Place chicken breasts skinned side down on cutting board; pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- In a small custard cup, combine basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle on chicken. Place 3 slices of ham on each chicken breast to cover; roll up carefully lengthwise with ham inside (as snuggly as you can).
- Spray 9 X 13 inch pan with cooking spray and gently place chicken rolls in pan. Drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle with a light sprinkly of garlic powder and paprika. I use a little more lemon juice than the recipe calls for so there is a little more that gets under the chicken roll.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and lightly golden brown. Cool. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight. Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Makes about 24 slices.
- Usually I double this recipe as it goes quickly and I make it the day before I'm going to serve it so the flavors blend together well.
- Enjoy !!!