Candied Bacon Slices
★★★★★ 1 vote5
7-8 slicebacon, preferably applewood-smoked
2 Tbsppacked brown sugar
1 tspyellow curry powder or more to taste
1/2 tspground cinnamon
·freshly ground pepper
·cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make Candied Bacon Slices
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large broiler pan with aluminum foil, shiny side-down (this will make cleaning the pan easier). Place the rack of the broiler pan on top of the pan, then arrange the slices of bacon in a single layer on the rack.
- Mix the brown sugar, curry powder, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add black pepper and cayenne pepper, if using, to taste.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar-spice mixture liberally and evenly over each slice of bacon.
- Bake the bacon until it is crisp and glazed, 10 to 14 minutes; the total baking time will depend on the thickness of the bacon slices. After about 6 minutes, rotate the broiler pan 180 degrees so the back of the broiler pan faces the front of the oven.
- Let the bacon cool on the broiler rack for about 2 minutes before transferring to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve warm.