Candied Bacon Slices
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 7-8 slice
- bacon, preferably applewood-smoked
- 2 Tbsp
- packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- yellow curry powder or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- freshly ground pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make Candied Bacon Slices
- 1Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line a large broiler pan with aluminum foil, shiny side-down (this will make cleaning the pan easier). Place the rack of the broiler pan on top of the pan, then arrange the slices of bacon in a single layer on the rack.
- 3Mix the brown sugar, curry powder, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add black pepper and cayenne pepper, if using, to taste.
- 4Sprinkle the brown sugar-spice mixture liberally and evenly over each slice of bacon.
- 5Bake the bacon until it is crisp and glazed, 10 to 14 minutes; the total baking time will depend on the thickness of the bacon slices. After about 6 minutes, rotate the broiler pan 180 degrees so the back of the broiler pan faces the front of the oven.
- 6Let the bacon cool on the broiler rack for about 2 minutes before transferring to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve warm.