Bite-size Boo Bugs With Bug-catching Dip
These are an adorable Halloween or summer birthday party treat.
1 can(s)(11-oz) pillsbury® refrigerated breadsticks
24cocktail-size smoked link sausages
3/4 ccup shoestring potatoes or chow mein noodles
·ketchup, barbecue sauce and/or mustard for decorating
1 cranch salad dressing
How to Make Bite-size Boo Bugs With Bug-catching Dip
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each breadstick in half crosswise, making 24 pieces.
- Wrap each piece of dough around center of each sausage, pinching to seal and leaving each end of sausage showing. Place seam side down and 1/2 inch apart on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving plate or tray. Cool 2 minutes.
- Insert shoestring potatoes into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate "bugs" with dots or stripes of ketchup.
- Spread dressing in 9-inch glass pie plate or on dinner plate. Spoon ketchup into small resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag and cut tiny hole in bottom corner. Squeeze bag to draw a coil of ketchup over ranch dressing. Drag toothpick through coil from center out, creating a web. Serve dip with “bugs.”