★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- smoked sausage cut into chunks
- jalapeno peppers, sliced
- green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
- sweet onion, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 c
- tabasco sauce
- One 10 oz
- jar of sweet and sour sauce
How to Make Big Ol' Mess
- 1Place sausage, peppers, and onion in foil bag. Mix Tabasco sauce with sweet-and-sour sauce in a small bowl and pour over the mixtue in foil bag; seal edge tightly. Place foil bag on grill; cook for about 45 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Slit open and serve right out of the bag.
- 2My husband and I have never followed this recipe exactly. We have always cooked it in a Nesco roaster. Instead of just sausage we also add boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks, as well as a tender cut of beef cut into chunks. We also use red and yellow bell peppers. The sauce we just mix with the Tabaso and sweet-and-sour until we get the taste we like. First we brown the meat in the roaster and then add the rest of the ingredients and cook it on low until the meats are cooked through and tender. As far as the jalapenos, leaving the seeds in or out is your choice, depending upon the level of heat you want.