1/2 lbground beef
1 tspchili powder (spanish blend)
1/2 tspdried minced onion
8"restaurant style" corn tortilla chips
1/2 crefried beans
1 1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cdiced onion
1 largered jalapeno or green pepper
How to Make Beef Nachos Grande
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Use a spatula or fork to crumble the beef into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the chili powder, salt, dried onion, paprika, and water.
- Simmer over medium/low heat for 10 minutes.
- Heat the refried beans in a small sauce pan over low heat or in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Mix the two cheeses together in a small bowl.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a baking sheet or an oven safe plate.
- Spread about a tablespoon of refried beans on each chip.
- Sprinkle in a couple of tablespoons of spiced beef onto the beans on each chip press down on the beef to make a flat surface for the cheese.
- Carefully pile a small handful of cheese on each chip.
- Sprinkle a pinch of the diced onion over the cheese.
- Place a slice of jalapeno on top of the onion.
- Bakes the chips for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with your choice of sour cream guacamole and salsa on the side.