4 lbtop round london broil
1 csoy sauce - do not use light
1/3 c'gravy master' browning seasoning - 2oz. bottle
1 largeonion - chopped
3 largecloves of garlic - chopped
1celery stalk - chopped
1/2 tspliquid smoke flavoring
How to Make Beef Jerky
- Freeze the London Broil til hard. Then thaw slightly and slice across the middle (width wise) into very thin slices about 1/8 inch thickness for quicker drying.
- Put all the marinade ingredients in a blender and blend til smooth.
- Dredge each slice of meat into the marinade and place in a wide, deep plastic container or large glass Pyrex casserole dish. **See photos** Pour remaining marinade over top of the slices. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 16 - 24 hours.
- When ready to dehydrate, slightly skim the marinade off of each slice of meat and place each slice on your dehydrator tray. When all trays are full turn on the dehydrator and follow your instruction manual on how to dry meat. My dehydrator is a 700 watt unit with a fan to circulate the air. In my unit the meat will dry in about 4 - 6 hours.
- When meat is completely dried and completely cooled, store in plastic storage bags or in an air tight container. This can be stored at room temperature for about 2 weeks. But it won't last that long because the jerky will probably be eaten up before then!
- If you have a vacuum sealer, this jerky will have a much longer shelf life.