Barbecued Kielbasa and Apple Kebabs
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
natural for the threesome: onion, sausage and apples. The recipe
makes just enough sauce for the glaze; nothing leftover for dipping.
- 3 Tbsp
- apricot jam
- 1 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 tsp
- montreal seasoned salt with garlic
- 6 oz
- polska kielbasa, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 small
- red onion, peeled, quartered (wedges)
- 1/2 large
- golden delicious apple, cored, quartered (wedges)
How to Make Barbecued Kielbasa and Apple Kebabs
- 1Heat grill to medium-high. Make sauce: combine the jam, vinegar, tomato paste, oil and seasoned salt in a pyrex measure (or bowl with handle).
- 2Assemble long metal skewers, each with apple wedge; sausage (thru skin), onion wedge; sausage; onion; sausage; apple.
- 3Lightly oil grates on the grill. Place skewers on grill; cover grill, and cook, turning every 2 minutes, until grill marks are visible, about 8 minutes (or less).
- 4Open grill; baste skewers with sauce and cook, turning and basting every minute, until the kabob is nicely glazed (about 4 to 6 minutes).
Halve lengthwise; peel, leaving root end intact; trim long strings. Cut half into four wedges.