Baked Taco Burgers Sliders
3 lbground beef
1 mediumonion, finely diced
3/4 ctaco seasoning mix
1 jar(s)mild taco sauce
8 ozcheddar cheese, finely shredded
1/2 cbutter, melted
How to Make Baked Taco Burgers Sliders
- In a Dutch oven boil ground beef, in enough water to cover, until no longer pink. Break beef up into very small pieces as it is cooking. Drain and discard water.
- Return ground beef to pan and add the diced onion, taco seasoning mix, and 2 c. water. Mix thoroughly then simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- Grease a large cookie sheet. Split all the rolls in half and spread a thin layer of taco sauce on each half. Lay the bottom halves on the cookie sheet.
- Layer the tops of the bottom halves in the following order: 1 tablespoon of grated cheddar, 2 tablespoons of taco meat, 1 tablespoon of grated cheddar, top bun.
- Once all 24 rolls are assembled, brush the top of each roll with the melted butter.
- Cover the rolls with aluminum foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.