Baked Taco Burgers Sliders
- 3 lb
- ground beef
- 1 medium
- onion, finely diced
- 3/4 c
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 c
- 1 jar(s)
- mild taco sauce
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- dinner rolls
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
How to Make Baked Taco Burgers Sliders
- 1In a Dutch oven boil ground beef, in enough water to cover, until no longer pink. Break beef up into very small pieces as it is cooking. Drain and discard water.
- 2Return ground beef to pan and add the diced onion, taco seasoning mix, and 2 c. water. Mix thoroughly then simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- 3Grease a large cookie sheet. Split all the rolls in half and spread a thin layer of taco sauce on each half. Lay the bottom halves on the cookie sheet.
- 4Layer the tops of the bottom halves in the following order: 1 tablespoon of grated cheddar, 2 tablespoons of taco meat, 1 tablespoon of grated cheddar, top bun.
- 5Once all 24 rolls are assembled, brush the top of each roll with the melted butter.
- 6Cover the rolls with aluminum foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.