Since then, I have been making these for family & friends for Game Day & any other holiday. They are always requested & are easy to make. Truth be told, once you start making them it's a life long commitment. LOL
(My husband requested these with some homemade soup, so I decided to post a recipe for you all.)
- 1 lb
- bacon, cut in half right through pkg
- 2 pkg
- cream cheese, plain, flavored or whipped
- my favorite flavored cream cheese is chive & onion
- 1 medium
- bread, sliced loaf
- 1 box
- garlic salt, optional
How to Make Bacon Wraps
- 3Place them on a tinfoil lined cookie tray or pizza pan. You can also place them on a rack that is placed on a pizza pan to bake and allow the grease to drip down instead.
[Depending on the quality of bacon that you use determines how much grease there will be. I have used cheap bacon and more expensive bacon. This bacon in the picture is black label.
- 5You can serve these as a side to some homemade soup or our favorite way is as an appetizer on "game day"! I always place them in a dish that has a lid to keep them warm but believe me when I say this...they will get eaten hot, warm or cold and will not last more than 10 minutes in a house of hungry people. I can NEVER make enough that they are not begging for more.