★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 pkg
- little smokies (i prefer beef)
- 1/2 lb
- uncooked bacon cut into 1/4 slices
- 2 c
- brown sugar (or enough to cover completly)
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- 1Cut bacon into 1/4 of slice pieces. Wrap each smokie in the bacon pc. and skewer with a toothpick to hold the bacon on (toothpick is also used to pick up the smokies from the dish). Place into a glass 9x12 baking dish. Cover with brown sugar until no smokies are visable (brown sugar may take more or less in quantity). Place a pc. of plastic wrap over dish and let sit in fridge overnight or at least for several hrs. giving the sugar time to start to break down from the bacon grease.
- 2Cook in 375 degree oven for apx. 1 hr. or until sugar is melted and bacon is just crispy. I usually serve right out of oven before carmalized juices harden. My husbands family drain off all the sauce and serve them. Mmmm Mmmmm good. Everyone falls in love with these.