There is never a single one left!
If you like sweet and salty you will like these! enjoy!
They go great with scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. Then add some fresh fruit salad....great brkfst!!
How to Make Bacon weenies
- 1Slice entire package of bacon in half.
- 2Roll a half slice of bacon around a little smokie and use a toothpick to hold together.
- 3Place wrapped weenies in an ungreased 13x9 pan toothpick facing up. Place them close together to get them all to fit. May have extra weenies left over, i just throw them in the pan :-)
- 4Spread entire package of brown sugar over wrapped weenies, make sure to cover them all.
- 5Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes. Depending on your oven. You just want the bacon to cook up but the sauce not to burn.
- 6Once cooked you can pour everything in a crockpot or if you are eating them right away just plate them up. The sauce will start to carmelize or harden once cooled so if eating them over time make sure you keep them heated.
- 7I have even made these the day before, put them in my crockpot and refridgerated over night. I put them on high for a few hours in the morning and they are perfect! Rearrange them in the crock once in a while with tongs while heating.
- 8I do double the recipe most times because they are so good and there is never one left!
- 9Just a tip - discard the sauce and rinse your pan or crock pot up before the sauce has cooled. Or you end up with a carmel of a mess.