Bacon Roses Bouquet !
The perfect bouquet for your man!
Perfect for Father's Day!
(and Mother's Day too!).
Bring on the BACON is what I say!
You can give these as gifts, use as a table decoration on your breakfast buffet table, class up your Super Bowl Party or Tailgait Party! To me.. Bacon Roses are festive!
*** You can make up a bunch of the bacon roses, and don't use the stems and place them around the vase of stemed roses on a tray for guests to grab easier....
1 pkgbacon (thick cut)
1 pkgbacon (regular cut)
1mini muffin pan (mine has 24 wells)
1electric drill (with 1/8
2 bunchsilk or plastic roses with leaves and stem 7 -8 roses on each stem)
·or buy at least 12 - 16 single roses and some greenery and baby's breath (i buy the bunches of roses at wal-mart for about a dollar each)
·even add in some really big grean leaves !
2 - 3 pkgmarbles to put in the vase (i buy from dollar store)
·make up a lot of extra bacon roses to put on the table surounding the vase of bouqet roses for guests to grab easier
·you can make the roses and just put them on wooden skewers too
How to Make Bacon Roses Bouquet !
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drill a hole into each well of the mini muffin pan (this is so the bacon grease will drain out).
Set the muffin pan on top of the broiler pan to allow the bacon grease to drain into.
- With fat edge down, start rolling the widest end of the bacon strip. Put the fatter side down into the mini muffin pan and press down gently, this will help to make them sit better and expand the botton better.
Repeat this using both cuts of bacon to get different sizes of roses.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, lift up each rose to drain bacon grease, return to oven for about 10 - 15 minutes longer. Be careful not to burn the bacon, keep an eye on it!
- While the bacon is cooking:
Take all of the roses off of the plastic stems, remove the green part of the roses and separate all the pieces(to use for the bacon roses). Using only the green plastic pieces of the rose, put them back on the individual stems sliding them down far enough to have about 1 inch of each stem sticking out of the top.
- Put the marbles in the vase (the marbles are pretty and they are needed to weight the vase and help hold the stems in their places). Put the rose stems into the marbles in the vase.
- When the bacon is cooked. Take pans out of the oven, remove the bacon roses from the mini muffin pan and put them on a paper towel lined baking rack to drain any bacon grease. Let cool completely.
- Gently but firmly push each bacon rose onto the stems (using the best looking bacon roses). You should have a variety of sizes because of the different cuts of bacon and how they cook.
- *** These roses will be greatly appreciated as a gift!
*** They make a sensational centerpiece on your buffet table!