How to Make Bacon Roll-ups
- Partially cook bacon to remove most of the fat & grease. I do it in the microwave for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Bacon should still be soft & translucent.
- Remove crust from the bread. I use an electric knife, which makes the job a lot easier and faster. After the crust is removed cut the bread in half length-wise.
- Lay one piece of bacon flat, place a piece of bread on the bacon (length-wise) from the bottom leaving about an inch of bacon showing, smear bread with heaping spoonful of cream cheese.
- Fold the one inch of bacon over the bread and begin to roll it up until all of the bacon is wrapped around the bread. Spear it with a toothpick to hold.
- You can freeze them at this point for up to 3 months.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. If you are cooking them fresh they will take approximately 15-20 minutes or until bacon is cooked to your taste and bread is crusty. If frozen, they will take approximately 20-25 minutes.