☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/4 ccheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspcilantro, chopped
1/4 tspground cumin
·salt, to taste
2 lbbreakfast sausage (or any other spicy uncooked sausage removed from its casing)
How to Make Armadillo Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, cilantro and cumin until well blended. Taste and add salt, and adjust seasonings.
- Remove the stems from the jalapenos and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and then cut the sliced jalapenos in half, horizontally.
- Place about a teaspoon of the cream cheese filling in each jalapeno quarter.
- Take about 1/3 cup of the sausage and pat it into a 3-inch circle and place the stuffed jalapeno in the center of the sausage.
- Wrap the sausage around the stuffed jalapeno until it’s completely covered, and form into an egg shape.
- Place sausage-wrapped jalapenos on the sheet, about an inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked.
- For additional browning on top, you can place the sheet under the broiler for 2-5 minutes.
- Serve with buttermilk dressing, queso or salsa.