Margarita Fruit Appetizer
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled, halved or quartered
- 1 cup fresh peach, diced
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar or to taste (depends on ripeness and sweetness of fruit)
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. tequila
- 1 ½ tbsp. cointreau or triple sec (orange flavored liqueur)
- salt & sugar to rim your glasses (use your own taste buds to determine the amount of each)
How to Make Margarita Fruit Appetizer
- 1Place your fruit and berries, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, tequila and liqueur in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes for the flavors develop and sugar to dissolve. Stir again and keep covered in refrigerator until serving time.
- 2Serve in margarita glasses - rub the rims with additional lime juice and dip in a salt-sugar mixture for that appealing salty sweet taste, then equally spoon the fruit mixture into the glasses.
- 3NOTE: For a nonalcoholic or kid-friendly version, substitute fresh orange juice for the tequila and Triple Sec.