Lucious Cranberry Compote
It's also very good as a spread for Melba Toast or on a plain toasted bagel!
- 1 reg. can(s)
- whole berry cranberry sauce
- 12 oz
- brie or camembert cheese, softened at room temperature (***see note below)
- 2 small
- cans (4 ozs ea.) mandarine orange slices, chopped really fine
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 3 Tbsp
- powdered confectioners sugar (use more or less as per your taste)
How to Make Lucious Cranberry Compote
- 1In a mixing bowl, mix together the can of whole berry cranberry sauce, brie (or camembert) cheese, finely chopped mandarine orange slices and the powdered sugar. Blend together very well. Add the chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) and stir in well. Pour and press into a round-bottomed bowl or other type of festive looking mold and chill for at least 6 hours before serving.
- 2Turn out from the mold onto a beautiful compote dish on a bed of leaf lettuce and garnish with parsley or some other colorful edible garnish (Grapes, whole cranberries, very small cherry tomatoes look nice). Marshmallows and slivered almonds also looks nice! (as in the photo) Be sure and set your compote on a prominent place on your serving table next to your dinner rolls or turkey. This looks and tastes very festive and tastes wonderful as a spread on leftover turkey sandwiches! If you make a beautiful enough presentation, you may not need a centerpiece! You can make it look as lovely or as plain as you wish, like any side dish. Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- 3***Note: To make a less costly version, you may use 12 ounces of softened cream cheese or even small curd cottage cheese to make this. It is still delicious! Camembert or Brie cheeses can be expensive! Either way, it can be one of the more memorable elements on your holiday table!
- 4Happy Holidays and as always, Bon Apetit' Y'all!