If you don't like spicy or are feeding kids, just leave out the jalapenos. I personally like to add a little more and a sprinkle of cajun seasoning to the chicken.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied or pounded thin
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple slices
- 4 c
- shredded cheese blend (i use colby-jack)
- 1/2-1 c
- sweet bbq sauce
- jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- onion, sliced
- sweet red pepper, roasted and sliced
- flour tortillas
- butter or butter-flavored spray
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Hawaiian Quesadillas
- 1Salt and pepper chicken and cook on grill until done.
While chicken cooks, carefully grill pineapple rings and then cut pineapple into smaller pieces.
When chicken is done, cut into slightly smaller than bite size pieces or shred.
- 2In a skillet with a tiny bit of oil, saute onion and jalapeno. When onion is almost cooked, add the roasted red pepper slices and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Remove from heat and get ready to assemble the quesadillas!
- 3I found the easiest way to do quesadillas, especially since the ingredients going in are all hot except the cheese, is to pre-toast the tortillas.
Lightly butter or spray one side of each tortilla and place it on a skillet or griddle until it is just barely starting to turn golden brown.
Assemble between non-toasted sides the chicken, a drizzle of bbq sauce, grilled pineapple pieces, sauteed mixture, cheese, and another drizzle of bbq sauce.
Return to the griddle or place in a warm oven just long enough to finish melting the cheese. Cut into wedges and serve!