Grilled Fig Pizza
The recipe is versatile-homemade dough or store bought, white or whole wheat, regular or low fat goat cheese-it all tastes great!
- white or whole wheat pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1 pt
- fresh figs, sliced
- 8 oz
- fresh goat cheese, regular or low fat, crumbled
- olive oil, for brushing
- good balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 1/8-1/4 lb
How to Make Grilled Fig Pizza
- 1Oil your grill grates and preheat your grill. Meanwhile, make your pizza dough or bring store bought to room temperature.
- 2Thinly slice the fresh figs and set aside. Crumble the goat cheese and set aside. Julienne prosciutto and set aside.
- 3Cut the pizza dough into 4 portions. Roll each portion out into thin, free form shapes and brush with olive oil. Grill oil side down until browned and marked. While they're cooking, brush opposite side with oil. Turn and brown the other side. Remove from grill.
- 4On a flat surface (like a cookie sheet), sprinkle goat cheese evenly over pizzas, top with sliced figs, add prosciutto to taste. Put back on grill until cheese is starting to melt and figs are heated through.
- 5Remove from grill and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cut into appetizer size portions. Serve and enjoy!