Grilled Fig Pizza
The recipe is versatile-homemade dough or store bought, white or whole wheat, regular or low fat goat cheese-it all tastes great!
1white or whole wheat pizza dough, homemade or store bought
1 ptfresh figs, sliced
8 ozfresh goat cheese, regular or low fat, crumbled
·olive oil, for brushing
·good balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
How to Make Grilled Fig Pizza
- Oil your grill grates and preheat your grill. Meanwhile, make your pizza dough or bring store bought to room temperature.
- Thinly slice the fresh figs and set aside. Crumble the goat cheese and set aside. Julienne prosciutto and set aside.
- Cut the pizza dough into 4 portions. Roll each portion out into thin, free form shapes and brush with olive oil. Grill oil side down until browned and marked. While they're cooking, brush opposite side with oil. Turn and brown the other side. Remove from grill.
- On a flat surface (like a cookie sheet), sprinkle goat cheese evenly over pizzas, top with sliced figs, add prosciutto to taste. Put back on grill until cheese is starting to melt and figs are heated through.
- Remove from grill and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cut into appetizer size portions. Serve and enjoy!