Cranberry Cheese Spread
I have listed the cream cheese & sour cream as reduced-fat. You can use full fat, if that is your preference. But, around the holidays, most of us, would like to skip some calories.
Prep time, does not include refrigeration time.
- prep time, does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese (neufchatel), softened
- 1/2 c
- reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 can(s)
- (16 oz.) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 c
- slivered almonds, toasted
- assorted crackers
How to Make Cranberry Cheese Spread
- 1In a small mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sour cream, honey, and cinnamon, until smooth. Spread onto a serving dish or plate.
- 2In a bowl, stir cranberry sauce, until it reaches spreading consistency; spread over cream cheese mixture.
- 3Toast almonds, if not already toasted, for 5-10 minutes in a 350° oven. Watch carefully. Do not burn! When ready, remove nuts from pan & allow about 5 minutes to cool. Then, sprinkle almonds over cranberry sauce.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hrs. Service with crackers. Makes 12-14 servings.