Cinnamon Tortilla Chips w/Strawberry Salsa
Blue Ribbon Recipe
A creative (and sweet!) twist to your everyday chips and salsa. Toss in a few pecans for an added crunch! The Test Kitchen
- 8 large
- flour tortillas
- water, cold
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 medium
- granny smith apples
- 2 medium
- kiwi fruit
- 1 medium
- 1 pkg
- (10 oz.) frozen sweetened strawberries, sliced or 2 baskets fresh strawberries, sliced (sweetened with about 1/4 cup sugar and freeze overnight)
- whipped cream or cool whip (opt.)
How to Make Cinnamon Tortilla Chips w/Strawberry Salsa
- 1Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2Brush tortillas with water using a pastry brush. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Cut each tortilla into wedges like a pizza; spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place wedges on baking sheet in single layer and bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown(watch carefully, they burn easily). Cool on rack or paper towels.
- 3Peel and chop apples, kiwi and orange. Put in medium-sized bowl. Place partially thawed strawberries in food processor for 20 seconds. Combine with chopped fruit and stir.
- 4Serve with whipped cream or cool whip, if desired.