Broiled Grapefruit with Vanilla-Ginger Sauce
How to Make Broiled Grapefruit with Vanilla-Ginger Sauce
- Set oven to BROIL. Cut the grapefruit in half or in thick slices.
- Stir together the sugar and crystallized ginger. If you prefer, the sugar and crystallized ginger can be ground in a coffee mill/spice grinder.
- Spoon the sugar mixture onto the grapefruit slices. Add a few drops of vanilla extract to each slice. Or, if using vanilla paste, spread a little bit on each grapefruit slice first then add the sugar mixture.
- BROIL the grapefruit for about 3-5 minutes until the sugar starts to bubble. Watch carefully to avoid burning!
- Set aside to cool; serve at room temperature.