Bacon and Water Chestnuts
The sauce is simple but your friends will ask what's in it. So very simple to make.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 cans whole water chestnuts
- 1 bottle large heinz ketchup
- 1 pkg bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
How to Make Bacon and Water Chestnuts
- 1Drain Water Chestnuts and split 1 lb. Bacon cutting down the middle of uncooked bacon slab. Take half strip of bacon and wrap around the water chestnut.
- 2Pierce with tooth pick and place in baking dish or pyrex pan.
- 3Place in the oven for 30 min at 325 degrees. Cook then drain and set aside.
- 4Take the bottle of ketchup and both cups of sugar and empty into mixing bowl. Mix it and then pour over half baked water chestnuts. Put back in the oven for 30 more min. Serve warm. They're very hot right out of the oven so let them sit before serving to cool off just a bit.