Yummy Bacon Wrapped Feta Stuffed Dates
How to Make Yummy Bacon Wrapped Feta Stuffed Dates
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut a slit in long side of each date, being careful to not cut completely through the date.
- Remove and discard pits.
- Cut cheese into 16 (1 1/4 inch) sticks.
- Stuff each date with cheese.
- Wrap 1 bacon piece around each date, completely enclosing cheese. Secure with a tooth pick that has been soaked in water to prevent burning.
- Place on rack of broiler pan or cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil.
- Place in oven and bake for 14 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning over after 8 minutes making sure all sides of bacon are crisp.
- When bacon is crisp on all sides, remove from oven to cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve warm or at room temperature.
- *The reason for buying dates with the pits in them is: I bought some pitted dates and thought I would save some time, but they all tore apart when I tried to put the cheese in them.