Yummy Bacon Wrapped Feta Stuffed Dates
How to Make Yummy Bacon Wrapped Feta Stuffed Dates
- 1Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Cut a slit in long side of each date, being careful to not cut completely through the date.
- 3Remove and discard pits.
- 4Cut cheese into 16 (1 1/4 inch) sticks.
- 5Stuff each date with cheese.
- 6Wrap 1 bacon piece around each date, completely enclosing cheese. Secure with a tooth pick that has been soaked in water to prevent burning.
- 7Place on rack of broiler pan or cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil.
- 8Place in oven and bake for 14 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning over after 8 minutes making sure all sides of bacon are crisp.
- 9When bacon is crisp on all sides, remove from oven to cool for 5 minutes.
- 10Transfer to serving dish and serve warm or at room temperature.
- 11*The reason for buying dates with the pits in them is: I bought some pitted dates and thought I would save some time, but they all tore apart when I tried to put the cheese in them.