World's Best Pimento Cheese
I had my eyes opened when we moved south. Pimento cheese is a staple in the southern family diet. Needless to say I had to put my stamp on this southern delicacy.
- 4 Tbsp
- mayonnaise, the real thing
- 3 oz
- package cream cheese, softened
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- onion, finely grated
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 small
- jar pimentos, diced, do not drain
- 12 oz
- extra-sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- couple dash(es)
- tabasco sauce
- fresh parsley
How to Make World's Best Pimento Cheese
- 1Puree until smooth in the bowl of a food processor the mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic, parsley grated onion, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce.
- 2Turn into a bowl; set aside. In the food processor, coarsely chop pecans. Add pecans and pimentos, with juice, to mayonnaise mixture.
- 3Now grate or shred int the food processor the 12 ounces of extra-sharp Cheddar cheese.
- 4Add to mixture in bowl. Stir well to combine. Allow to stand, refrigerated at least i hour. Even better the following day.