- 1 pkg
- refrigerated pie crust round (not frozen)
- 4 oz
- package of cream cheese
- 1/3 c
- lachoy sweet and sour sauce (or a fruit marmelade)
- 3 slice
- smoked va ham (deli sliced) or left over baked ham
- 3 tsp
- craisins and/or nuts (optional)
How to Make Virginia Empanadas
- 1Put refrigerated round pie crust on prep sheet. Cut into 9 equal squares/triangles...some will be triangles.
- 2In center of each square place a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese. Push in a crasin or nut if desired.
- 3Rip up ham slices into pieces that will fit on top of the cream cheese and allow the dough to fold over it.
- 4Place a small dollop of Sweet and Sour sauce or marmalade on top of the ham.
- 5Fold dough over to form triangles and press all edges together...press with fork prines.
- 6Brush triangles with sauce or marmalade. Bake for 20 minutes at 375. Let cool, filling will be very hot!