1 pkgrefrigerated pie crust round (not frozen)
4 ozpackage of cream cheese
1/3 clachoy sweet and sour sauce (or a fruit marmelade)
3 slicesmoked va ham (deli sliced) or left over baked ham
3 tspcraisins and/or nuts (optional)
How to Make Virginia Empanadas
- Put refrigerated round pie crust on prep sheet. Cut into 9 equal squares/triangles...some will be triangles.
- In center of each square place a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese. Push in a crasin or nut if desired.
- Rip up ham slices into pieces that will fit on top of the cream cheese and allow the dough to fold over it.
- Place a small dollop of Sweet and Sour sauce or marmalade on top of the ham.
- Fold dough over to form triangles and press all edges together...press with fork prines.
- Brush triangles with sauce or marmalade. Bake for 20 minutes at 375. Let cool, filling will be very hot!