☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·oil for frying
6canned whole green chilies
6egg roll wrappers
6 slicemonterey jack cheese
How to Make Texas Egg Rolls
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet, or preheat a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Insert a piece of cheese into each chile.
- Place a stuffed chile diagonally across the egg roll wrapper.
- Moisten all four sides of the wrapper with water.
- Fold the sides in and gently press to seal the ends.
- Starting at the bottom fold the point up and gently press around the chili. Roll up and seal the edges.
- Fry the rolls in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- When the first side in nice and brown gently flip over and brown the other side.
- Work in small batches so the egg rolls don't touch while frying.
- Remove from the oil to drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.