**The original recipe called for this to be shaped into a ball and wrapped in foil. I personally did not like the messy look of that. Since I make these for holiday and family gatherings, and even as gifts I wanted them to be a pretty presentation..I have many clear cut-glass bowls in various sizes and shapes that I put this in then cover with the extra diced meat, cover w/ plastic wrap and chill..If I am gifting it , the bowl is part of the gift.
How to Make Sue's Cheeseball
- 1Reserve approx. 1 package of diced meat for garnish.
- 2Thoroughly mix all the other ingredients.
- 3When thoroughly mixed place in a pretty bowl or shape into a ball. Depending on size you want, you can get 2 to 3 cheeseballs from one recipes.
- 4Cover top with the reserved meat and then cover with plastic wrap.
- 5Refrigerate until well chilled, over night is best, so the flavors all have time to blend.
- 6Serve with a variety of crackers.
***My favorites are: Ritz, Club, and Townhouse..I personally do not care for the flavored crackers with this cheeseball..But you might like them very well..
- 7**I like using the chipped ham luncheon meat also to make this recipe..these pkgs. of meat are the ones that usually hang in the lunch meat section of grocers' cooler dept...in my local Save-A-Lot they cost about $.45/pkg.
- 8**This meat dices much easier when frozen, if you are dicing by hand as I do.
- 9**I will be experimenting with my new food processor for doing all the chopping and dicing..should make this a very quick and easy recipe!!