Stephanie's Knife & Fork Quesadillas
The toppings are optional but really good this way.
We like to use Mozzarella because it melts well,my Grandkids love them because the cheese "pulls ".
- 1 t.oil
- 1/2 each red and yellow bell pepper,sliced
- 1/2 onion.sliced
- 1 garlic clove,minced
- 1/2 serrano pepper,chopped or 1/4 c can green chiles
- 2 c mozzarella cheese,shredded
- 6 flour tortillas
- tomato or green salsa
- sour cream
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan, and put in the tortillas in, one at a time, without folding. Fry a few seconds.
3. Fold the tortillas over the filling, pressing the edges together. Fry on both sides until crispy. Drain on paper towel.Top with sautéed vegetables. Add salsa and sour cream.