Squash and Bacon Appetizers
It's an easy appetizer and who doesn't like easy and bacon?
- 12 oz
- peeled, seeded and cubed squash (40 pieces)
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt (i used 1/4 cup brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp
- pepper ( i did not use)
- 2 tsp
- olive oil ( i used 2 tablespoon melted butter)
- 4 slice
- uncooked bacon (i used 12 slices)
How to Make Squash and Bacon Appetizers
- 1Heat oven to 450^. Place oven rack in the upper third.
In a large bowl, toss the prepared squash pieces with the melted butter then into the brown sugar; until evenly covered. Cut each slice of bacon in 3 pieces and roll a piece of squash in each piece until the bacon is wrapped around the squash like a belt; (you want it to overlap slightly).
- 2Place the squash pieces seam side down on a baking sheet and repeat to wrap all the squash.
Roast until the squash is fork tender and the bacon has crisped about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and place a tooth pick into each piece and place on serving plate or tray, great with a little cranberry sauce.