Spicy, Savory Jalapeno Poppers
How to Make Spicy, Savory Jalapeno Poppers
- Place the bacon on a large cookie sheet lined with foil. Place in a 375° oven until some of the fat has been rendered out.
- Wash the peppers and cut in half. Scrape out the seeds and ribs.
- Combine the cream cheese, salsa and cheddar cheese. Fill each jalapeno half with this mixture.
- Cut each piece of bacon into three pieces and place a piece of bacon on each pepper
- Once the bacon starts to crisp start basting with your favorite barbeque sauce. This will depend upon your oven and bacon and could take 15-20 minutes or more.
- Serve with sides of sour cream (for cooling in case the poppers are too spicy) and a little extra barbeque sauce.